An organic hair salon is one of the most sought out places in today’s world due to the overwhelming amount of chemicals used in hair products in general. It’s no secret that most women prefer to have their hair done at an organic hair salon because they know that their natural, organic and holistic approach will ultimately give them healthier and more voluminous hair. Organic hair salons are a great choice for those who want to avoid chemicals and those who don’t want to damage their hair.
What does it mean for a salon to be “organic”?
Well, generally, it means that the products used are free of certain chemicals (both synthetic and natural) and that the salon doesn’t use any pesticides or other chemicals on their premises. It also means that their suppliers are certified organic, which means they have been inspected by an independent body that ensures they follow guidelines set by the USDA.
What exactly are organic hair products?
All of the ingredients in an organic product are made without the use of synthetic fertilisers, pesticides, sewage sludge, ionising radiation, or genetically modified organisms. As a result, organic hair products are free of all nasties!
Do organic hair products benefit our hair?
By using organic hair products, you’ll get amazing results! Organic hair ranges from soft and shiny to thick and full of volume. And since it’s made from natural ingredients that are gentle on the environment, these products are especially effective at protecting your precious follicles from damage caused by chemical treatments in the past.
Let’s look at the benefits of organic hair products:
- Environment friendly: Chemical and synthetic hair products can negatively impact the environment when washed away. When these chemicals reach the waterways, they can poison aquatic life. Using organic hair products and referring them to others makes you a defender of the environment.
- Nourishes your hair: Harsh chemicals eventually make your hair dull and lifeless. The benefits of natural and organic hair products lie in their gentleness and the fact they do not strip your hair of its protective oils. You may not see it immediately, but organic products will repair your hair and provide it sustained nourishment over time. The result is healthy and luscious locks.
- Safe and gentle on skin: Chemicals like sulphates are generally irritating and damaging to the skin and hair. Organic products will provide better results if you are prone to sensitive skin or conditions such as psoriasis. The ingredients have fewer irritants, which means they are gentler on the scalp and prevent allergies.
- Better result: Organic products are better for your hair in the long run. There may not be a foaming effect like sulphate-based products, but the result will be worth it.
Ingredients to be avoided in hair products?
- Sodium Laureth sulphate
- Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS)
- Ammonium lauryl sulphate
- Diethanolamine (DEA)
- Triethanolamine (TEA)
- Polyethylene glycol
- Synthetic Fragrance/Parfum
- Propylene Glycol
A Little about Chilli Couture
Pamper your hair and scalp and get it back to their healthy roots by visiting Chilli Couture, Perth’s best hair indulgence organic hair salon. As Perth’s best sustainable salon, we believe in providing the best hair treatment for your hair. Hair is your crowning glory, and we want your crowning glory at its best.
Drop by Chilli Couture, the best hair salon in Perth to experience the best your hair can get.