Haircare –Do’s and Don’ts
“Life is too short to have boring hair.” Your hair is what defines your beauty. It’s not like your hair only makes you beautiful, but it adds beauty to your personality. It’s the primary way you communicate your identity, and it impacts how people see you and respond to you.
Choosing the appropriate hairstyle and hair treatment that compliments your skin colour and characteristics and suits the shape of your face may take you from oh… to wow! You can’t have a decent hairstyle if your hair isn’t healthy. An excellent hairstyle needs lustrous, abundant hair. To get shiny and ample hair, you should take care of them.
Why should you care about your hair?
If you don’t take care of your hair, it can become dry, brittle, and weak, leading to split ends, and even hairfall. Deep down, we all know that the way our hair looks can make a real impact on our appearances and our self-confidence. However, with the right hair treatments and products, you can keep your hair looking great and healthy! We at Chilli Couture being a sustainable salon have a wide range of organic hair treatment that is suitable for your hair. Our hair salon Perth is one of the most reputed salons in Perth.
- Wash regularly (not necessarily every day) – Washing your hair on regular days can improve the health of your hair, making it stronger and reducing the risk of damage caused by dryness and heat styling. It also helps to prevent build-up and reduce the amount of dirt and oil that builds up on your scalp. If you wash your hair more often, try using a gentle cleanser and conditioner, or you can even make your shampoo and conditioner using natural ingredients.
- Use a chemical-free shampoos- We all want to smell good, and one of the easiest ways to do so is to use shampoo. You can maintain the natural oils on the scalp and hair by switching to natural shampoo, ultimately leaving your hair with more moisture. Parabens and sulphates in the shampoo can irritate your scalp, make your hair dry and rough and cause allergies like bump and itchiness. If you are looking for a chemical-free wash, you can definitely reach an organic hair salon. They will provide you with a wide range of organic products that is good for your hair, or else you can drop by Chilli Couturek.a the sustainable salon in Perth that will give you the best products that suits your hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb- The wide-toothed comb is perfect for styling hair because it distributes your hair’s natural oils throughout your hair, which can help minimise frizziness and enhance the overall texture of your hair. When using a wide-tooth comb, there is less friction than when using a medium/fine-tooth comb, which is kind on the hair strands and prevents breaking and split ends.
- Oil your hair – Hair oiling is a great way to get silky, glossy hair. It helps restore moisture and reduce dryness and make your hair look and feel healthier while adding vibrance. The best way to oil your hair is to heat a small amount of oil in your hands and then gently rub it through your hair until your hair looks and feels smooth. The other thing you can do is visit Chilli Couture They have the best hair oils that contain natural ingredients and will not damage your hair or scalp.
- Drink more water- Water is essential in maintaining hair because it nourishes the hair, makes it silky and soft, and leads to hair growth. It also prevents dryness which can lead to split ends and breakage.
- Hot showers – You are drying your hair when you take a hot shower. When you apply heat to your hair, it becomes more porous, and your natural oils and moisture can no longer nourish your scalp.
- Chemicals – Productscontaining Parabens and Sulphates are harmful to your hair. Chemicals in hair is one of the most common causes of hair loss. Constant use of chemicals can damage your hair follicles, which results in hair loss. Instead, use natural and chemical-free products to improve the health of your hair and scalp.
- Stress – Stress can be devastating to your health and hair too. When you’re stressed out, your body releases a hormone called cortisol. Over time, this can cause hair to thin and become brittle and cause excessive hair fall. If you are experiencing stress in your daily life, meditate. It will help you to relax overtime.
Which ingredients are suitable for your hair and which ones are not?
What is a Paraben?
Parabens are a group of synthetic preservatives commonly used in personal care products. They are used to prevent the growth of bacteria, yeast, and fungi which can cause products to go bad. It is found in everything from shampoo and conditioner to deodorant and lotion, and they are commonly found in products we use most often.
What is Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphate, and why it is bad?
Sodium Lauryl/Laureth sulphate is commonly used in skin care products to provide lather and texture. It is used as an emulsifier to improve the skin’s ability to retain moisture. It increases the risk of dryness and irritation and causes allergic reactions and lack of hair with essential nutrients.
Why does the hair need moisture?
Hair is made up of 97% Keratin, a natural protein found in our skin cells. When the hair’s elasticity is out of balance, we must refill it with protein to strengthen it so that it does not break. Natural proteins like hydrolysed wheat protein, rice protein, and oat protein are also beneficial to the hair since they strengthen it without overdoing it.
Why does the hair need protein?
It is easier to identify how to cure damaged hair when you understand what type of damage it has. If your hair has been damaged due to severe exposure to the sun or using heat tools, your hair willl need moisture to restore its natural protein levels. Protein treatments restore nutrients that help reconstruct and re-strenghten your hair strands.