How To Find The Right Haircut For Your Face ShapeChilli Couture
We’ve all been there – you request the perfect haircut and even though the result is what you asked for, you are unhappy with how it’s turned out. The reason? The hairstyle doesn’t suit your face shape! Just like buying clothes to suit your figure, it’s important to figure out what hairstyle suits your face. The following guidelines help to find the right cut for your shape face, but remember these are just tips and suggestions; it’s vital to always speak to a professional Perth hairstylist and work with their expert opinion.
What is your face shape?
The key to a good haircut is finding one that gives the illusion of having a long face, and so it’s important to first figure out what shape your face has:
- Oval – a curved, ellipse shape similar to an egg
- Square – a boxy shape with a similar width forehead and strong jawline
- Round – a evenly circular face with no sharp edges
- Long – usually a thin face, like a long oval, with a tall forehead
- Diamond – a narrow chin and forehead with wide cheekbones
- Heart-shaped – a round forehead curving around to a pointed jawline
Other factors to consider for your hairstyle
The perfect hairstyle for you also depends on your personal preferences; your likes, dislikes, sense of style, and fashion taste. What you feel comfortable with might be someone else’s idea of hair hell! A great hairstyle combines a shape that suits you, with a cut that matches your lifestyle and personality, so don’t let popular style or fleeting fashion dictate your haircut in Perth.
Finding the best haircut
Depending on your face shape there may be aspects that you wish to downplay or show off. Here are a few tips to take into consideration:
- Oval – a versatile face shape, most styles are flattering. Volume on the sides can even out the curves by adding width.
- Square – a shaggy or layered cut can add depth and soften edges, as can side-swept bangs. Try softening the jawline and forehead.
- Round – work to add length, so avoid cuts that shorten the face. Long hair, long bobs, centre parts, and voluminous waves can work well.
- Long – chin length bobs can give the impression of width by adding volume at the cheekbones, and bangs can help break up the length. Waves and curls often work well as straight hair adds length.
- Diamond – this adaptable shape can look good with long layered hair, or a short bob; whatever works to balance out sharp cheekbones.
- Heart-shaped – bangs with volume and wavy hair can work well to strengthen the jawline and soften the hairline.
Why Choose Chilli Couture
Regardless of whether you have no clue what you want, or you have a specific hair look in mind, the talented team at Chilli Couture is excited to work closely with each client to bring your dream haircut to life. Each of the passionate, experienced hair stylists can offer practical advice while taking your taste and personal style into consideration. For more information on our organic hair salon and talented hairstylists in Perth, or to book an appointment, contact us online here or call us on 9328 8814 to speak to a friendly team member today.
Find Us On Facebook & Instagram!