Eyelash After Care & Maintenance
Now that your lashes are long, thick and beautiful, follow these easy care instructions and they can last indefinitely with regular touch-ups.
To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes:
- Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweat, and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
- Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara. Only our specially formulated mascara for extensions can be worn. Regular mascara is not recommended for use as it will dissolve the bond with the lashes. Gently remove mascara with water-based eye makeup remover. Apply mascara on the tips only.
- Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes. Oils can loosen the bond of lash extensions. Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
- Do NOT use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
- Extend Your Lashes recommends touch-up appointments every 2-4 weeks, to fill in the areas where the natural lashes has fallen out and new lashes are growing in.
- Cutting the eyelash extensions is not recommended as you could end up cutting your natural lash.
- Avoid sleeping on your face, and be cautious of your extensions while sleeping on your side
- Clip your hair away from your eyes, since this may cause your extensions to itch
- Lightly brush your eyelash extensions with your fingers, tweezers or a dry mascara brush to straighten them
- Wash your face with lukewarm to cool water to avoid irritating your eyes
How long do they last?
Your Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent eyelash extensions that can last up to 4-6 weeks depending on the life cycle of your own natural eyelashes and other factors your Lashes Professional will review with you at your first eyelash extension consultation/appointment. Though the average cycle of a single lash is about 90-120 days, factors such as your eyelash characteristics, lifestyle and general care of your eyelashes will affect how long your lashes will last.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing Lashes ?
Yes. Our specially formulated bonding agent allows you to shower, swim, exercise, sleep and spa worry-free while wearing Lashes . You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Please do not swim or spa for 48 hours after the procedure to allow the bonding agent to fully cure.
What Happens if a Lash Loosens or Becomes Dislodged?
Do not pull on the eyelash. Please contact your technician to make an appointment to have it removed or replaced to avoid damage to your natural lashes. As your natural lashes fall out due to the growth cycle, you may wish to get refills when the new lashes grow.
We will not be held liable for any damage you may cause trying to remove eyelash extensions on your own.